How to make Delicious Fluffy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.
I like my Homemade cinnamon rolls fluffy and soft. While they are still warm I put a layer of icing or frosting over them. It melts so beautiful into the warm rolls. These rolls are the best part about celebrating Holidays like Easter or Christmas with your family. Yes fresh-baked cinnamon rolls are the best comfort food dessert and breakfast in the whole world. This recipe is the best homemade cinnamon rolls you will ever tast. So here is my recipe how to make those delicious fluffy rolls.
You need the following ingredients:
- All purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- whole milk
- unsalted butter
- ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- vanille extract
- baking powder
- wooden spoon
- plastic wrap
- kitchen towel
- baking pans
- mixer or with hand
How to make this delicious fluffy dough step by step.
You have to use warm milk making this dough. The milk has to be warm enough to get the yeast do his work. But not too hot. The milk has to be barely warm to the touch. And make sure you store the dough at a warm temperature while it rest and can expand.
Whisk the warm milk should be just warm 100-100 F (37- 43 C) , sugar and melted butter, should be just warm. Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the milk mixture, and let it sit in a warm place for 10 minutes. add for cups of flour to the milk mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
2. Warm Place
Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour in a warm place until it double in size. This is very important.
3. Least amount of flour
When the dough is double in size it’s time to add the remains cup of flower to the dough, baking powder and salt. Stir it well. It may look dry but that is normal. once you start kneading the dough it will become sticky. Don’t use the least amount of flour as possible when you are kneading. Knead the dough 10 minutes and ad more flour as necessary. The dough should be very smooth and it has to spring back when you poke it.
How to make the filling.
You need a medium bowl. Brown sugar, soft butter (very important) and cinnamon. Stir or mix the ingredients together. Of course you can experiment with nuts, chocolate, cocoa powder, etc.
To assemble everything together.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough a couple of times.
- Shape it in a ball.
- Roll the dough in a large rectangular shape 1/2 inch. 1 cm thick. You can fix the corners by using your spatula or scraper.
- Bring the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top. Spread it evenly.
- Start at the long side, roll the dough into a tight cylinder. Place the seam-side down.
- Cut the cylinder in to evenly peaces about 8 cm, 11/2 inches thick. Use a scissors, a sharp knife or unflavored dental floss.
- Place the rolls in the prepared pans ( lightly in butter). 1 in the center and 5 around the sides.
- Cover the pans with kitchen towels and rise in a warm place 35-45 minutes. You don’t want to skip this part because this is the step that gives your cinnamon rolls the delicious fluffiness.
Store the rolls in the refrigerator or freezer.
You can make the rolls ahead at time and store them in the refrigerator and bake the next morning. Make sure if you take them out of the refrigerator you let them rest at room temperature before you put them in the oven. You can also freeze those babies for up to tree months. So when you need some comfort Food you can pop them out the freezer.
Baking those cinnamon rolls in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C. Bake the cinnamon rolls in 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown. If the top of your cinnamon rolls are getting to dark you can put aluminium paper over them while baking. When thy are done, be sure to cool them for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile preparing the icing or frosting.
When those fluffy rolls are baking you can start making the icing or frosting. You need a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, milk, and vanille extract until smooth. You gradually add the powdered sugar and whisk until it feels runny. You can also use cream cheese or monchou to give it that vavavoom tast.
The best part of it all is pouring the icing over the cinnamon rolls, use a spoon to spread it all over the cinnamon rolls not missing any corner.
And there they are!!
The smell, the way they look, mouth watering.
Fluffy cinnamon rolls
- plastic wrap paper
- kitchen towels
- baking pans
- sharpen knife
- wooden spoon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melt the butter
- 2 cups whole milk warm to touch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanille extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup soften butter
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter melt the butter
- Make the dough: whisk sugar, melted butter and dry yeast in a large bowl. Add te flour after 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining cup of flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well! Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place. It has to double in size.
- Knead the dough 10 minutes. Adding more flour as neccessary. The dough can be very sticky. The dough is ready when its smooth and springbacks when poked.
- Roll the dough in large rectangle shape.
- Make the filling: brown sugar, soft butter and ground cinnamon. Mix together. Roll the dough into a log or cylinder shape.
- Cut the log in evenly pieces. Place in the prepared pans. Cover with kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place 35-45 minutes.
- Prepare the icing or frosting. Whisk: milk, melted butter and vanille extract. Add the powered sugar and whisk away.
- Preheat the oven 350F (180 C). Bake the rolls in 25-30 minutes until golden brown. When they are done let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the frosting over the rolls and serve.